- Networking: How to communicate your value proposition
- New Year’s Resolutions that don’t stick
- Ireland – A right shower of Laggards!
- Change the dynamic by giving a little something
- Why bosses have bad table manners
- Multi-tasking is a myth
- Why referrals are the simplest way to get new business
- 10 Questions to ask yourself about your Business Strategy
- From Geeks to Gods – How Unilever plays on male insecurities
- Why I picked Kinara to write about…..
I was recently facilitating a Work-Out session with a very dynamic company. We were focusing on building change from the bottom up, engaging staff by asking them what their solutions were to problems. But we had a problem. Staff were coming up with great action points but were then finding it difficult to work on their ideas once they went back to their desks. We were stalling because the old excuse ‘I’m too busy’ was being [...]
Looking back on a huge advertising career, Shelley Lazarus, Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather worldwide, knows what her biggest career challenge was: turning a near dead business around. Lazarus tells the story of how she got Ogilvy Advertising in New York up off its knees in the [...]
So you’ve cut the costs to the bone. You’re working with half the numbers you worked with three years ago. Your team is feeling demotivated and you’ve run out of ideas. Are you stuck? Not at all. Like Michael Caine in The Italian Job, it’s a case of: “Just a minute, Lads. I’ve got a great idea!”
Talk to the people who are closest to the challenge. Recently I’ve been working with a number of organisations [...]