- Networking: How to communicate your value proposition
- New Year’s Resolutions that don’t stick
- Ireland – A right shower of Laggards!
- Change the dynamic by giving a little something
- Why bosses have bad table manners
- Multi-tasking is a myth
- Why referrals are the simplest way to get new business
- 10 Questions to ask yourself about your Business Strategy
- From Geeks to Gods – How Unilever plays on male insecurities
- Why I picked Kinara to write about…..
New Year’s Resolutions and Falling off the Wagon
Laden with guilt, extra weight and fear of going broke, it’s no wonder we are all suckers for New Year’s Resolutions. I make pretty much the same ones every year and like boomerangs, they always come back, unchanged by their flight into wishful thinking.
I’m reminded of that scene in the hit film Airplane, when Lloyd Bridges realises he’s taken on too many [...]
Looking back on a huge advertising career, Shelley Lazarus, Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather worldwide, knows what her biggest career challenge was: turning a near dead business around. Lazarus tells the story of how she got Ogilvy Advertising in New York up off its knees in the [...]
Until last Saturday, most of us hadn’t even known there was such a thing as a ‘contamination narrative’ but writing in The Irish Times, Maureen Gaffney put her finger on Ireland’s very irregular pulse and told us how to make the patient better.
A narrative is how we view and tell our story of what is happening to us. As a nation that has suffered a major blow to its sense of self, we may be drawn to divide our story of [...]